In the News: “$15 Living Wage” v Amazon and Costco Strategies
The “$15-hour living wage” movement will continue. It will: buy votes; liquidate jobs; and boost McDonald’s prices more than the new, net wages. Although many voters are weak at system-thinking math, Amazon and Costco are not.
Continue reading 235. Embrace All-Win, High-Hourly Wages (like Costco)
Why Do Distributors Economically Exist?
Most “merchant” distributors cannot answer this question effectively. So, they fear the unknown, economic boundaries for:
- Suppliers selling more customers direct.
- Suppliers selling (partial) lines through Amazon.
- Integrated Supply distributors taking over their biggest accounts.
- Digital disruptors stealing both spot and big, commodity orders with lower prices.
Continue reading 229. Distributors Create a 3PL, Systems Division
2020 Plans Blasted by C19
The Pandemic has hit most 2020 business plans severely. Action CEOs have:
- Raced to stop the bleeding while complying with C19 guidelines.
- Then, moved to remedial surgery. “Downsize, Upgrade..”
- Maintained a can-do spirit while looking for new, pandemic-created needs to solve (profitably?) amongst both customers and suppliers.
- Made many decisions hoping for best payoffs.
Continue reading 216. Man Plans, God Laughs*. But, Still Bet Smarter
Everybody is Embracing Virtual Interactivity and On-Line Buying
C-19 disruptions are all-consuming for CEOs. All are working long, stressful hours doing whack-a-mole heroics with empathy for the most-hard-hit.
But, the working-from-home crowd including – many of our customers’ buyers; our sales reps; and cautious seniors – are enjoying new-to-them, digital experiences.
Continue reading 193. The C-19 Shift: Virtual-First!
Turning Disaster into Some Opportunity
The unprecedented, C-19, shut-down economy is here. Minimize downside hits, while maximizing upside opportunities! How exactly? Here are some moves that distributors have shared with me:
Continue reading 184. C-19, Distribution, Improvisation Measures
In a virtual meeting, a B2B millennial (call him Joe) took over the screen and masterfully showed me (with pride) how he avoided both a repair contractor’s fee and a distributor’s high price.
Continue reading 183. A Millennial Fleeces Both Contractor & Distributor: Lessons?