Many distributors assume that they can handle one more warehouse order for free. Aren’t – all warehouse operational-costs fixed in the moment? And, isn’t – keeping people busier good? Alas, no! Let’s look at the cold statistics for a contractor-supply distributor’s monster, Central Distribution Center (CDC).
Feb 13, 2021: What a Week
Unless you were unplugged, the week of Feb 8th had chaos on many fronts: pandemic, impeachment, short squeezes, money printing, etc. With the distractions of the news and the exponential infoglut at your fingertips and dinging from your smartphone, where should your company be focusing its attention?
Questions & Steps to WOW Charts!
What do the trends for three percentages of sales – gross margin, op. profit, and net profit -do for: GWW, GPC and FAST?
- Go to macrotrends.net (cool, free tool)
- Search for each of the three companies
- For each, select the first option: “revenue”.
- Once to the “2006-2020 Revenue” page click on: “margins”.
- Then, slide the cursor bar over the trend dots to see how percentages track or don’t!
Two stories from the ’20 –’21 NFL season:
- The startling, performance improvement in the Buffalo Bill’s quarterback, Josh Allen.
- And, why did punts per game per team dropped to an all-time low of 3.7?
What are the backstories, and what do they have to do with distributors?