AMAZON’S WAR ON CRaP
Amazon’s analytics can identity SKUs on which they “Can’t
Realize a Profit” (CRaP). Even with their improving, world’s best fulfillment
and last-mile delivery costs, they can’t cover costs on items lower than $15
AMZ’s fixes to date?
Continue reading 135. Fix Your CRaP Items and Their Root Causes
The “Yellow Vest”
protests in Europe echo the “We are
the 99%” (Occupy Wall Street movement) – back in August ’11. Both are
symptoms of declining, discretionary income for the bottom 95%+ of households
(in first world economies). Buying homes and having kids in the US is
unaffordable for the average Millennial. And,
if you have any promising, young employees,
are they job shopping?
Continue reading 133. Your Reply to the 2020 “Crisis of Capitalism”
“What Is the Best Incentive
Plan For My Reps?”….
A question that always sparks heated debate amongst distributor
principals. The ancient “5% of all sales in a territory” (and its refinements)
has accumulating drawbacks. Now, with accelerating Omnichannel Cloud Commerce
targeting B2B channels, what other Sales-Force questions come first?
- Have you written down and ranked the drawbacks and injustices of your current plan?
- (Assuming no fears about losing best reps), What account reassignments should be done?
- Can any incentive plan magically cure:
- Weak reps whom you would not hire again?
- Veteran Reps coasting to retirement while harvesting their (and possibly your) best accounts?
- A weak, unfocused, me-too strategy?
- The many net-unprofitable customers and SKUs leeching your business? (Get a cost-to-serve model – at the line-item level – to identify and fix them!)
QUESTIONS TO ASK
- What accelerating trends will converge to make
2021 selling different, and stress traditional rep orthodoxy to possibly
- What are your suppliers envisioning for B2B,
Omnichannel, Cloud-Commerce in 2021?
- How do you plan to develop e-selling skills?
- How will you score current reps for their 2021
- In ’21, how will you segment your customers to then
- Different service-metrics’ benefits and terms?
- Customized supply-chain replenishment solutions?
- Factory Omnichannel scenarios involving both dis
- With what multiple selling-cost models?
- Are too many, too-small accounts currently assigned
- Are some huge accounts desiring supply-chain
solutions that require a team selling process still assigned to solo reps?
analytics will help answer these questions and guide action plans?
- Based on answers for 1-6: how will you “right-size
and upgrade” your reps to:
- Solve all historic problems?
- And, spark a big increase in sales and profits
from best accounts?
- Finally, what will be an incentive plan that
will be customer-centric and please your best reps
within a new e-selling era?
Help With Answers?
I could write an e-book on “B2B Distributor Sales Management
Opportunities: 2019 to 2024”. But, only if:
- I get lots of “do it” demand from regular
readers who in turn…
- Persuade others to vote “YES” and get trade or
buying groups to offer some sponsorship.
Interested? Email your thoughts to: email@example.com.
Otherwise, blogs will continue!
The global, debt-fueled, everything-bubble is deflating. Will
the US economy go into recession? Accurately unforecastable and uncontrollable
by us! Why not, instead, make controllable changes that will out-perform possible
Continue reading 129. For Big Gains in 2019, Forgive to Change
Invasion of Better Clone SKUs for Less
Retail “hard discounters” (HDs: Aldi, Lidl and Trader Joe’s) and Amazon have attacked B2C factory brands in the past 18 months. In 2017, the HDs announced big expansion plans for the US, while Amazon ramped up their B2C private-label-clone SKUs. Then, in October (’18), AMZ quietly announced their “brand accelerator program”. Prediction: this program will spark the creation of new B2B clone products on Amazon.
The Clone Formula: Equal or Better Quality For 50% Less
Continue reading 128. Brand Power-Shift To Your Service-Value Solutions
FINE-TUNE 2018; OR, REAL CHANGE?
If your distributorship is a top 5% performer due to perpetual innovation, keep innovating in 2019. If your financial returns are in a low-level rut with an unchanging, aging sales force – then change your belief system to change your results. Continue reading 127. Old Beliefs v Your 2019 Strategic Plans