Warehouse Wage-War News
What’s driving this hourly-labor, news stream?
- Oct 2018: Amazon (which sets the bar) upped the ante for warehouse workers (and Delivery Partner drivers) to $15/hr. plus benefits. And, Bernie Sanders applauded!
- July 2019: AMZ announces a $700MM training budget to advance, self-selected warehouse workers to: better, technical-jobs, career paths.
Continue reading 218. Redesign Warehouse: Value Productivity and Pay Or Lose
Post Inauguration Day (1/20/21) Stimulus “Solution”?
Both presidential candidates have promised lots – including big, pandemic, stimulus bills – “after the election”. What will be this free-lunch formula?
- The government issues another $3+ Trillion in government bonds.
- Smart investors won’t buy these bonds at near zero-percent interest. So, the Fed will print a similar amount of new dollars out of thin air to buy the bonds (through banks as intermediaries).
- This loan from our kids and grandkids will then be sent out to voters to spend and lobbyist clients (financial re-engineers) to bail them out of their zombie investments along with fees.
Continue reading 217. “Modern Monetary Theory” (MMT; Magic Money Tree) Effects?
2020 Plans Blasted by C19
The Pandemic has hit most 2020 business plans severely. Action CEOs have:
- Raced to stop the bleeding while complying with C19 guidelines.
- Then, moved to remedial surgery. “Downsize, Upgrade..”
- Maintained a can-do spirit while looking for new, pandemic-created needs to solve (profitably?) amongst both customers and suppliers.
- Made many decisions hoping for best payoffs.
Continue reading 216. Man Plans, God Laughs*. But, Still Bet Smarter
- Have you heard yet from an old-school buyer that: “Your competitor’s rep has resumed calls!”
- Will that be your alarm for resuming full-on, old-way selling?
- Are a few data points from old-school, lonely-buyers good market research?
- Has Zoomification increased some buyers “rep avoidance” preferences?
- How many – new, two-thumb, millennial, B2B – buyers want routine-calling relationships?
- Why not proactively survey key buying influences at most-net-profitable (and faster growing) accounts to find out how they want to resume the buying-selling “relationship”?
- What if some want, first: better, digital/virtual interactivity. Then, facetime as requested with someone different than the account’s traditional rep?
- Do buyers care about your traditional ways? Or: do they want and will get their new way?
- And, will pandemic-stressed customers be looking for ways to “buy better”?
Continue reading 215. When and How Will Channel Reps Resume In-Person Calls?