My CABs Changed My Distributorship
In the early ‘80’s, I bought a multi-location, contractor-supply distributor. The employees were panicked about the new owner from outside the industry. But, thanks to CABs, we all won big.
I did a customer-profitability, ranking report. Sorted best customers into segments. Ranked the segments by net-profits. Then, visited five, most-progressive-and-ambitious customers in our best segment. Together, we redefined “service excellence” by 8 metrics. My employees got stoked to achieve perfect service. We proceeded to dominate one target-niche after another. We stole only the most, net-profitable (and growing) customers from our unfocused competitors.
Continue reading 249. Rethink “Digital” with Customer Advisory Boards (CABs)
Forthcoming Book for Distributors
This is my third blog inspired by Susan Merlo’s insightful, forthcoming book on: Digital Sales and Marketing for Distributors. Do check out my last two blogs, Susan’s website and register for notification of the books release at – nextlevelimedia.com/book-coming-soon.
Continue reading 247. Miss Communicating To Your Best (Target) Customers?
Product, Supply-Demand Chaos is Upon Us
Never has a global, just-in-time, balanced economy been shut down by a pandemic. Then, rebooted with:
- Massive “quantitative easing” by all central banks
- Political, New-Deal-2 stimulus cash to voters and lobbying industries.
- With on-going, escalating trade-wars and supply-chain reshoring.
Continue reading 243. Supply-Chain, “Bull-Whip” Management
Have you seen teams take the lead with little time left? They then switch to prevent play and try to milk the clock. But, the other team goes up-tempo, takes nothing-to-lose risks and wins. Why not play relentlessly to win and beyond by being a perpetual innovator?
Continue reading 230. Play to Win at Digital-Channel Change. Or, Play Not to Lose?
Your Inventory Opinions and Metrics
“For a better financial return: turn your inventory and receivables more effectively.” – Random MBA alumni
Right! So, most distributors do measure and manage:
Continue reading 223. Your Fill-Rate Opinions and Metrics
Post Inauguration Day (1/20/21) Stimulus “Solution”?
Both presidential candidates have promised lots – including big, pandemic, stimulus bills – “after the election”. What will be this free-lunch formula?
- The government issues another $3+ Trillion in government bonds.
- Smart investors won’t buy these bonds at near zero-percent interest. So, the Fed will print a similar amount of new dollars out of thin air to buy the bonds (through banks as intermediaries).
- This loan from our kids and grandkids will then be sent out to voters to spend and lobbyist clients (financial re-engineers) to bail them out of their zombie investments along with fees.
Continue reading 217. “Modern Monetary Theory” (MMT; Magic Money Tree) Effects?