To start, Amazon (AMZ) is teaching (especially) – younger, smarter, richer, busier – people to prefer buying on-line. Costly outside and inside reps aren’t in the equation. Follow below for some facts and questions about rep value in distribution.
AMZ Service v Traditional (Distributor) Service
- Flexible hours, many prefer ordering digitally 24/7/365 v. 8-5; Mon-Friday; via people.
- Speed of Re-Buys: Re-buys on AMZ are faster than going through people. Folks are nice. But, they: slow things down; make mistakes; and offer limited, informational possibilities.
- Delivery response-time options from 1 hour, or to a few days beats one standard choice.
- Want information and demo videos on anything. AMZ and Google excel.
- Want crowd-sourced and rated reviews that beat one Rep’s opinion? AMZ provides.
- Other personal activity information? AMZ has it.
- Want to Check Prices or get The Best Price for popular, most-profitable-to-distributor items (SKUs that average high, Gross-Margin-Dollars per pick). AMZ has both (or Google it). AMZ can underprice most-profitable commodities due to its lowest cost: web site; warehouse picking; lack of reps; and eventually, last-mile-delivery costs.